Why choose this course?
- The student to teacher ratio is deliberately kept small - no more than 10:1 for classroom work and a maximum of 5:1 for practical work, including a large amount of individual tuition
- Mentored case studies allow students to follow the progression of eight footcare cases for a six month period under close supervision before they qualify
- Training is provided by world leaders in a wide range of disciplines including veterinary science, farriery, nutrition and horse handling
- The course consists of 13 modules, all of which are unique and build on each other to provide all of the necessary skills for the job
- The examination system is independently adjudicated to ensure it is fair and transparent
- The depth of tuition and required knowledge is much greater than any other barefoot trimming course available today. For a course overview, click here.
- This is the only course that provides in depth training in foot pathologies
- The main tutors and mentors on the course are some of the most experienced Equine Podiatrists in the UK
- The training course is tailored to understanding the particular problems the UK climate brings to the barefoot horse
- Course material is based on the latest information from world leading researchers and continuously updated
- During the course students participate in research studies to help them to better understand how science-based research helps develop the discipline
- The syllabus exceeds the new National Occupational Standard developed by LANTRA to promote a high standard of education for all barefoot trimmers in the UK
- Students receive a high level of support through file sharing, an online discussion forum, direct contact with their tutors and mentors
- All students accepted on the course automatically become student members of the Equine Podiatry Association
- Students are actively encouraged to question and explore the rationale behind everything they are taught, and to seek additional training from wherever they choose
- Students are required to carry out extensive self study, closely guided by their tutors, to ensure they can attain the high standards (80% pass mark) needed to pass each module.
A student trimming a hoof
All parts of this website are copyright © 2008-2012 Equine Podiatry Training Ltd